I cannot remember a date to save my life.
If you are anything like me, the sudden arrival of Valentine’s day will have surprised you. I was still convinced it was drifting somewhere in the misty future, maybe next week or something. But no. It’s tomorrow.
My silly, soft-hearted self had such indulgent plans for Valentine’s day; a beautiful home-cooked meal of 3 courses, some over-sweet heart-shaped dessert, all eaten by candlelight, a single red rose in a tall glass between us. These lovely plans have gone completely awry due to the inevitable and expectable passing of time. A passing that, in spite of the best efforts of diaries and calendars, continues to catch me off guard.
And if you are anything like me, you are now trawling through the blogs you love, looking for a gift to give a significant other in your life, something romantic and sweet and doable at speed. For people who are like me, meet the heat reveal love letter; an endearing love letter with an invisible ink twist!
Heat Reveal Love Letters (with Free Printables)
These Heat Reveal Love Letters are a cute way to express your feelings for somebody, and the invisible ink can make your beau feel extra-special. Pick the typography you like, and click it for the download link.
You will need:
A4 paper or card, plain or pretty
One of the downloads, above
3-4 tbsp lemon juice.
Cotton bud or toothpick
- Download your choice of printable, and print onto your sheet of A4. Don’t crop it, it wants to be right in the middle.
- Put the lemon juice in a saucer, and dip your toothpick or cotton bud into it.
- On the reverse of the page, draw a large heart. Then, as though using a quill and ink, carefully write your message. You should be able to see your writing on the page until it dries.
- Allow the message to dry completely, and decorate the parts of the page that don’t contain your message. Doodle, paint – anything you like.
- Fold the sheet into it’s own envelope. I would try to explain the details, but the photo tutorial here does a better job than I ever could! You want the invisible message upside-down and facing you when you start folding.
- Leave somewhere conspicuous for your loved one to find and open! Though I couldn’t get a good picture of the effect, repeatedly ironing the letter will cause the lemon-juice to darken, revealing your message.